Friday, August 21, 2009

Today's message

Here's today's message from Margot to her dad, brothers, and me. The race schedule is in the previous post. I found a picture of the clock online and added it to this post.

Hey Everyone,
How are you guys doing? I've been writing to Mom so I'm sure she's filled you in on stuff, but I just wanted to say hello to all of you myself. I hope things are going well back home. What's new? 
 
I am settled into a routine here, though practices are at different times most days. The water has been all over the place, from flat and clear on the first day, to raging headwind yesterday, cross chop, wakes, tail wind, no wind, so I feel prepared to face any conditions on Sunday and the rest of the week. 
 
Time has flown by so far, although the first few days without my luggage seemed very long. I can't believe I'll actually be racing in just two more days. I'm really excited to see what I can do in the heats and to learn more about who I'm up against. 
 
Everyone has been really cool so far and I've been getting to know new people which is always fun. I think everyone is really excited to be here. 
 
The food at the hotel has been good, but I'm starting to want normal food again. My boring pasta and chicken sausages and spinach salads are looking pretty good right now. And, the coffee is not so great. There isn't a starbucks anywhere that I've seen, but in general it seems like pretty crappy coffee. Oh well, you can't have everything. I think they drink a lot of beer here though, so I will look forward to a few of those after racing. 
 
I will try to upload some pictures that I took the first few days to facebook today so you can see where I'm staying, the course, and parts of the old city of Poznan. Its a pretty cool place, but you kind of have to get into the heart of it to see that. Doesn't look like much from the outside, but there is def a lot here. I guess there is even a huge town clock that every day at noon has a display where two giant goats come out of the center (like a coocoo clock) and butt heads and people stand around and watch and cheer. Haven't seen that yet, but it sounds really cool. 

Alright, well write me if you get the chance. I love you all and hope you are doing well.
 
Margot

No comments: