Friday, July 25, 2008

Begin the Beijing

TGIF.

John is baking giant onions stuffed with squash. I am starting a blog.

Since I'm sending so many messages to unsuspecting friends, blogging may give everyone an opportunity to read only when they want to or are able to.

So, the reason for all of this is to provide a chronicle of events leading up to and following the 2008 Beijing Olympics in which my dearest daughter Margot will compete. As she said, this has been a dream, an abstract longing, for such a long time, it's a stretch to deal with it as reality.

Reality it is though. Margot is in San Jose as I write this. She and her teammates are processing out of the US and will leave for China tomorrow. One of their biggest concerns is packing. They are receiving a ton of gear to wear and have to post things home from SJ before they leave.

1 comment:

D J Tritschler said...

Oddly enough, I was googling a Cole Porter song and wound up here. Amazing. I know Julia. We worked together in a Gestalt-mine. I suggest following this blog.